Mr. Moffett has practiced law in Jackson, Wyoming since 2001. Prior to moving to Jackson, Wyoming, Mr. Moffett practiced from 1974 until 1991 with a large multi-state law firm headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 1991, he was a co-founder of a law firm with offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. In 2001 he moved his practice to Jackson.
Over the course of forty (44) years of practicing law, Mr. Moffett has represented a broad range of clients including individuals, trusts, estates, financial institutions, closely-held businesses, sole proprietorships and multi-national corporations in jurisdictions from Delaware to California, as well as in foreign countries. Mr. Moffett frequently represents clients in trust, estate and fiduciary litigation, including multiple matters involving in excess of $100,000,000. The following matters are illustrative of cases handled by Mr. Moffett:
- Representation of minority shareholders in corporate litigation resulting in multi-million dollar distribution of assets to clients;
- Representation of estate and trust beneficiaries in will contest and proceedings seeking removal of Trustee, resulting in dissolution of trusts and multi-million dollar settlement;
- Representation of founder and CEO of international corporation in shareholder litigation resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement and control of the corporation;
- Representation of corporate plaintiff as lead counsel in insurance coverage and bad-faith litigation resulting in $14,000,000 settlement;
- Representation of medical professional in litigation involving bad-faith denial of disability insurance benefits resulting in multi-million dollar settlement;
- Representation as General Counsel to Trustee in Security Investor Protection Corporation liquidation of a nationwide broker-dealer;
- Multiple appointments and selection as an arbitrator and mediator by the District Court or attorneys in Jackson, Wyoming;
- Representation as Co-General Counsel to Trustee in one of the largest bankruptcies in U.S. history (as of filing), In Re Nucorp Energy, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California; and
- Representation as General Counsel of debtor-in-possession and Trustee in insolvency and reorganization of the world’s largest manufacturer of workover drilling rigs, In Re Cooper Manufacturing Corp. and its Affiliates, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Oklahoma.